Sunday 6 July 2008

Monday morning photo. 5/8/07.




G'day all, sorry about last weeks photo, was having Internet problems, someone was hi-jacking my gigabytes. All fixed now, the wireless network has been dis-established. Here is another village of Lower Trainswitch shot. Pretty sure the location is Yerongpilly a suburb of Brisbane and if I remember rightly one end of a cross country line that went to Corinda. A couple of PB15s shuffling and fussing around the yard, 580 and 450 I think.

One of the great pleasures of the steam age was passing the time at a place like this, not necessarily even watching proceedings, maybe having a yarn, taking the odd photo maybe and if the place was blessed with a Fully Licensed Refreshment Room perhaps even taking a drink. The sight and sound of prosaic railway operations helped some pretty ordinary beers go down pleasantly as I remember. Kevin Taig, I think you were in attendance on this day.

Regards to all,

Peter Bruce.

No comments: