Sunday 6 July 2008

Monday Morning Photo. 31/3/08.


G'day all, time to wind up on the Port Lincoln Division, basically I've run out of pictures. I've attached the map of the Division taken from the August 1961 Public Timetable. We covered all the lines except Kowulka to Kevin and Rudall to Buckleboo and given the sparseness of the services and our limited time there it was pretty good going.

The other attachment is a photo of a Fageol railcar, this car operated until August 1961 and we found it lurking in the weeds at the Port Lincoln depot along with other surplus to requirements engines and rolling-stock. These cars were converted from motor omnibuses during the '30s to replace a passenger service which consisted mostly of goods trains with passenger cars attached and despite appearances they would have made a massive improvement to the quality of service. Even in 1963 they looked archaic and the Brill cars that we rode were very basic by our 2008 standards. Basic or not I'd happily drag my old carcase around on this trip again if I could..... I'm not as hardy 45 years later but I reckon I could do it and put up with the aches and stiffness for weeks after..........I wish.

Regards,

Peter Bruce.
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual EmailTraditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments: