Sunday 6 July 2008

Monday Morning Photo. 9/12/07.




G'day all, just for once your Monday Morning Photo will be with you by Monday.

1014 has just arrived at Toowoomba from Roma on No.19 Pass. to connect with No. 37 Pass. from Wallangarra to Brisbane. The Public Timetable referred to 37 as The Mail. It ran from Wallangarra on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday connecting with The Brisbane Express from Sydney. Via Wallangarra. You wouldn't want to be in a hurry.

I reckon these little Pacifics are among Australia's best looking engines. For those who never saw them they were painted a dark green with a black smokebox and a touch of red here and there.

Like all Queensland locos, even newly overhauled ones, they had clanking rods. Why was this so? I thought it let them down, but what would I know.

I was on my way to Brisbane and eventually to Cairns and I wasn't in a hurry.

Regards 'til next week,

Peter Bruce.


No comments: