Sunday 6 July 2008

Monday Morning Photo. 26/9/07.



Mal, glad you like it, one of my favourites, taken with a borrowed Rollieflex. The bloke is a definite old timer isn't he? If you look closely you can see that he usually wears a hat. That, and the dark clothing and the Gladstone bag suggest to me that he may be a railwayman, at first I thought trammie but it looks like it might be a navy blue uniform so he'd have to be an inspector on the provincial tramways..... Looks like he's waiting for the up service.

I probably wont see you before you go away so all the best for the trip. We await photos, don't worry too much about OT, it would only bother Bill Bolton, maybe he's still on dial-up!!

Meanwhile..........back at Ironbark Gully.

Best regards,

Peter B.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mal Rowe
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:19 PM
Subject: Re: Monday Morning Photo.


Peter Bruce wrote:
> G'day all, a couple of weeks ago I posted a photo of Bendigo No 3 passing the old foundry on it's way out to Eaglehawk and Mick MacGowan was kind enough to respond with a couple of present day photos of the site which is remarkably little changed given the 35 years that have elapsed. If it's OK with you Mick I'll post your photos to TWW in the next day or so.
>
> In the meantime here is the trailing shot of No 3 from the same location, again it is a shot I have posted to TramsDownUnder so maybe some of you will have seen it already. As well as I can remember it was taken on a Sunday arvo and is probably the last photo I took on the beautiful Eaglehawk tramway.
>

Lovely shot Peter ... the street, the old guy on the chair with his
kitbag (probably about the age we are now!!!) and the old mining
foundations at the side of the road.
--
Mal Rowe in Melbourne

No comments: