Sunday 6 July 2008

Monday Morning Photo. 22/3/08.




Minnipa, South Australia, January the 8th, 1963. This is the weekly passenger train to Thevenard, a Brill Motor and trailer. Minnipa has a train order signal, why?, there has never been a train through here that hasn't stopped. I must say it looks good though, it really adds something to the railway scene whilst being totally useless.

Anyway.......at 4.19pm, not precisely, train 171 clattered out of Minnipa bound for Thevenard and the shores of the Great Australian Bight and your four would-be intrepid travellers were aboard.112 miles and four and a bit hours later we got there.

I realise that the last few weeks photos have been a bit all over the place, no real sequence, so next week I'll post my contemporary account of out journey. Written when I was 45 years younger.

Regards to all,

Peter Bruce.

No comments: