Sunday 30 May 2010

Monday Morning Photo. 31/05/2010.


G'day all, before I get back to the last day special train on the Camden branch, here are a few shots of 3140 on a very typical mixed train, a milk train really.
I'm not sure if this was the very last day, it was possibly the day before, must have been near the end though, there were never normally that many passengers.
Not much to be said about these photos.
At the end of this hectic day I was on No.49 the Forbes Mail again, travelling way west to Port Lincoln and ultimately Penong.....look it up!
I think I managed to find a full length slatted wooden luggage rack and rolled up in my old army blanket and slept most of the way to Parkes. I have absolutely no recollection of the trip so I must have been out to it.
Parkes. arr. 7.32am.
dep.7.52am.
Aboard the "Silver City Comet".
Best Regards,
Peter Bruce.

No comments: