Tuesday 16 September 2008

Monday Morning Photo. Tuesday 16/9/08.




G'day all, was looking for some pictures that I remembered having taken on the St. Kilda line about 1972 when it was still ruled by swing door sets and I found the attached shot of a down train crossing the bridge over Albert Road. I'll have to go out and see if I can get a "today' shot, maybe of a Mulhouse Citadis at the same location. Could be difficult, there is a lot more vegetation nowadays. By way of explanation the St. Kilda and Port Melbourne railways were converted to light rail operation in 1987 and incorporated into the tramway system.

The other photo was taken about 1963-4, I am pretty sure at Beenleigh, south of Brisbane. This was the terminus at the time of the truncated Tweed Heads line and the train is another swing door set.

Best regards,

Peter Bruce.

No comments: